Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How Not To Fight Acne

During my struggle with acne, I was ready and willing to try anything that promised me a cure. Prescription acne medication, random tips from friends, ancient home remedies; I tried pretty much everything at least once. The sad truth, however, is that most of the treatments I tried out did my skin more harm than good. With that in mind, I've compiled a short list of a few of the methods I used before finding a system that finally worked. At the end of the article, I'll let you know what it was that cured my acne, but the following is how you should not fight acne.

#1: Popping

By now, everyone probably knows that you shouldn't pop your zits. But despite that being common knowledge, it's still incredibly tempting, especially when you wake up with a particularly nasty and embarrassing whitehead. The thing is, popping zits can leave your skin red, irritated, and painfully tender. It can also lead to irreparable scarring later in life. And sometimes, if you really catch a streak of bad luck, popping a zit can actually push the infection deeper into your skin, which means it'll erupt again the following week, much bigger, and much worse than it was before.

#2: Rubbing Alcohol

The idea behind using rubbing alcohol on your skin is that it sucks the dirt and grime right out of your pores. Pores clogged with dirt are what cause acne in the first place, so rubbing alcohol should clear things up, right? Wrong, unfortunately. Rubbing alcohol does do a decent job of cleaning up dirt, but it also leaves your skin red, raw, and ultimately more vulnerable to a very bad acne attack in the future.

#3: Windex

I think that using Windex as a quick fix for zits was originally popularized by the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Using Windex for a zit is similar to using rubbing alcohol: it makes sense, and even works a bit at first, but in the long-run your skin will just get worse. Windex causes a zit to dry up and eventually disappear, but just like rubbing alcohol, it also leaves your skin ripe for a very bad breakout in the near future. You're better off leaving Windex to the movies.

#4: (Over)Cleaning

A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that acne is caused solely by poor hygiene. Washing your face when you wake up in the morning and before you go to bed at night is a smart practice, but do not go overboard and start washing your face six times a day. Your acne won't get better if you wash more often; in fact, it'll probably get worse. Too much soap and water will irritate your skin, which can only lead to one thing: another huge breakout. Keeping clean helps, but don't overdo it.

I know that quick fixes and home remedies are tempting, but more often than not, they'll just make your acne worse. I suffered from acne for years, but when I found a medication that worked, my entire life changed for the better. There's no reason that the same can't happen for you.

If you'd like to know which treatment system finally cured my acne, visit http://youracnecures.com

There are many ways to get rid of acne and as more information about underlying causes is found, there are additional ways to treat the condition as well. The study into the causes and cure for ...

H_Miracle
hemorrhoid home remedy

No comments:

Post a Comment